Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Where Best to Invest the $$$

I had to go shopping today as I was in desperate need of some new shoes as well as some other items. In spite of the fact that I strive to be frugal it's hard not to spend at least $100 at times for needed items. It's hard to not be a little discouraged. The following poem which is a favorite came to mind while I was wallowing in some self-pity about finances.




One Hundred Years From Now
Author Unknown



One hundred years from now


It won't matter


What kind of car I drove


What kind of house I lived in


How much money I had in the bank


Nor what my clothes looked like


BUT


The world may be a little better


Because, I was important


In the life of a child




Therefore, guess I will continue to choose to invest in inspirational books about education and attend seminars and conferences that will make me a better educator...even if it means I have to buy the $15 pair of shoes instead of the $27 pair of shoes.

No comments: