Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Parenting Classes

This morning I listened to the BYU Forum speech given by Dr. Laura Padilla-Walker on July 26, 2011. The topic of her speech was positive parenting. The principles and concepts Dr. Walker shared from her research could also be applied to teaching. Either way she would be a tremendous resource for us to do some parenting classes.

1 comment:

Lovejoy said...

Hello Barbara! Thank you for your feedback! It sounds like you are working for a great cause here. Unfortunately, per the guidelines of my employment I don’t think I could sponsor or organize any parenting classes on a large scale, although I would be happy to teach an occasional parenting class organized by your program. And unfortunately, my Spanish is very rusty. Really something I need to improve, but I’m not fluent, so if you have parents who don’t speak English, I wouldn’t be much help. I apologize!



Thanks again for contacting me, I wish you the best of luck!



LW





Laura M. Padilla-Walker, Ph.D.

Associate Professor, School of Family Life

Brigham Young University

2097 JFSB

Provo, UT 84602

(801) 422-9053

laura_walker@byu.edu