Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Power of Stories

Yesterday I finished reading the book Funny in Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas. What a DELIGHTFUL book! I love books such as this one that helps to better understand an immigrant's experience in the U.S. Not only do I now have a better understanding of Iranians but other ethnicities as well.

It would be wise for Esperanza stakeholders to read more autobiographies of people from different cultures to gain a greater understanding of our Esperanza scholars and their families. It is also a reminder that we want to find ways to listen and hear the "stories" of our Esperanza families.

No comments: