Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

A School Like No Other

I have been reading Ron Clark's new book The End of Molasses Classes. In the Preface of the book he wrote, "For me, the best way to initiate change in the way we educate our children was by starting a revolution from the ground up. I decided the most effective way to ignite the revolution would be to build a school unlike any other in the world." In the Introduction he went on to say, "I was on a mission. I wanted to build the best school in the world--a school that would be full of innovation, creativity, and best teachers anywhere."

Clark put into words what I have been feeling in my heart. This is what I want Esperanza Elementary to be--a school like no other. This is my mission.

No comments: