Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mexico's History and Culture Are Intriguing

Last night my husband and I watched the 1939 movie Juarez. It was the first time I had seen the movie. I learned more about this period in Mexico's history. Also, I enjoyed the beautiful song La Paloma which was sung a couple of times in the movie. The history and culture of Mexico continue to intrigue me. An experience like this movie piques my interest to learn even more. I now have the book The Phantom Crown by Bertita Harding on which this movie was based on my Amazon list.

I believe that the more our Esperanza educators and other stakeholders learn about Hispanic/Latino history and culture the more appreciation (and awe!) we will have for this student population that will be part of Esperanza. This appreciation will lead to an even greater desire to serve them and meet their academic needs.

No comments: