Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Language of the Soul

A favorite poetry book of mine is Cool Salsa.  I love this following poem that is in the book.  We want to remember when interacting with our Hispanic Esperanza scholars and their families.


Learning English

Translated by Lori M. Carlson



Life

To understand me

You have to know Spanish

Feel it in the blood of your soul.



If I speak another language

And use different words

For feelings that will always stay the same

I don’t know

If I’ll continue being

the same person.







Aprender el inglés

por Luis Alberto Ambroggio



Viva

para entenderme

tienes que saber español

sentirlo en la sangre de tu alma



Si hablo otro lenguaje

Y uso palabras distintas

para expresar sentimientos que nunca combiarán

no sé

si siguiré siendo

la misma persona

No comments: