Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Benjamin Franklin and Compromise

This morning I finished reading Benjamin Franklin by Walter Isaacson.  What an amazing man!

I liked this part in the book:  "For him [Benjamin Franklin], compromise was not only a practical approach but a moral one.  Tolerance, humility, and respect for others required it."  Some accused him of not having principles because he was so adamant about compromise, but that is not true.  He was a principled man but he felt that it was important to listen to the views of others with an open-mind and be willing to change one's mind.

I feel this counsel will serve us well as we work together at Esperanza. 

No comments: