Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jane Bluestein: Another Great Resource

I get so excited when one thing leads to another and then I see how a variety of things complement each other.  Because of an article I read in Educational Leadership I bought and read the book The Win-Win Classroom by Jane Bluestein.  Bluestein's ideas resonated so much with me I bought another book of hers Creating Emotionally Safe Schools that I have been reading.  In this second book Bluestein mentions ideas from Dr. William Glasser (The Quality School) and Dr. William Purkey (Invitational Education).  All these ideas reinforce each other. Obviously Bluestein will be another author I'll encourage our Esperanza educators to meet. 

2 comments:

Lovejoy said...

Others who teach us this: Barbara Glanz, Parker Palmer, Nel Noddings

Lovejoy said...

Others who address this issue are Daniel Goleman (Emotional Intelligence), Martin Seligman (Learned Helplessness), Bonnie Bernard (resiliency), and Stephen Glenn (assets--protective factors).