Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

"Teacher, Are you in there?"

I went to a wonderful Stake Primary meeting this morning. All of the talks were touching. One of the Stake Primary counselors, Heather Henrickson, shared this touching story by Elder Robert D. Hales that he related in the April 2010 LDS General Conference.

"Several years ago I was reading the newspaper when one of my young grandsons
snuggled up to me. As I read, I was delighted to hear his sweet voice chattering
on in the background. Imagine my surprise when, a few moments later, he pushed
himself between me and the paper. Taking my face in his hands and pressing his
nose up to mine, he asked, 'Grandpa! Are you in there?' "

We want our Esperanza educators to be there. Elder Hales went onto say, "Being there means understanding the hearts of our youth and connecting with them." It means being present.

No comments: