Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Forget-Me-Not

Last night I watched the LDS Women's Conference. All the talks were wonderful and I especially loved the talk by President Dieter Uchtdorf using the Forget-Me-Not flower as an analogy/metaphor. This flower is one of my favorites. In fact, I even attached Forget-Me-Not seed packets to my business cards at one time.
There are at least two lessons from Pres. Uchtdorf's talk that I feel would be wise to apply at Esperanza:
Lesson #1: Using analogies and metaphors when teaching are powerful ways to help learners remember the lesson.
Lesson #2: We must be careful not to leave Esperanza scholars (and their families) and educators unnoticed because they may not be as "large" as others. Their beauty and vibrance are just as important and valuable.
There are many ways we can adopt the Forget-Me-Not as a symbol at Esperanza.

No comments: