Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Movies That Inspire

Turner Movie Classics (501) was showing a number of movies about teachers yesterday--I guess to celebrate the beginning of another school year. I was able to watch a couple of them. One was the 1953 movie--Bright Road--about a dedicated African American teacher who taught a class of only African American students. In her classroom was a young boy who struggled in school but he was an incredible young man with many talents. The teacher saw this and encouraged him.
The second movie I watched was the 1945 movie The Corn Is Green which I had already seen a couple of times. It's a great movie about a teacher who makes incredible sacrificies for a student with tremendous potential.
Both of these movies inspire me to be a more dedicated and committed educator. That's what movies like these can do for us. Therefore, I encourage all of our Esperanza educators to watch movies such as these and/or read books about dedicated educators who can inspire them.

No comments: