Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Learning About Leadership From George Washington

I have been reading the book Washington a Life by Ron Chernow. I have not only gained a greater respect and admiration for George Washington but I have also been learning more about leadership. In my reading this morning the following are a few things I want to remember:
  • Washington never insulated himself from contrary opinions. He felt this could enable him to correct his faults as well as weigh all sides of an issue before coming to a conclusion.
  • Washington felt that well-bred people made the best officers. He also pleaded with these officers to lead by example and share their men's hardships.
  • Washington felt that profane language would undermine discipline. (pgs. 292-3)

No comments: