Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Stories

Today I finished reading the book Laughing Without An Accent by Firoozeh Dumas. In the book Dumas draws upon her heritage as an Iranian American in Southern California and shares stories and insights that touch the heart as well as make me laugh. Also, I gained a greater appreciation and admiration for the Iranian culture and its people.
This book was a reminder to how powerful the story of a person's life can be. Therefore, once again I want to stress how important it is for us to listen to the stories of our Esperanza scholars and their families. Also, we want to introduce our scholars to the stories of other people from many different cultures--either in person or through books.

No comments: