Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Paradise Is Where I Am

Paradise is where I am. These words of Voltaire that Kevin Eikenberry shared yesterday spoke to me--not only for my personal life but also for Esperanza. I want everyone at Esperanza to feel that way while we are working together in the planning stages as well as once the school opens.

I like what Kevin Eikenberry said: "As leaders we have the responsibility for the environment in which those we lead operate. We can choose to make the working environment one that promotes people, their confidence and their success. We can find glimpses of what paradise looks like for others and help them find it in their work. When we do these things we are creating lower turnover, higher productivity, and greater results..."

These thoughts from Kevin complement perfectly the Dr. William Purkey "Inviting School" theory and principles that we are using as a foundation for Esperanza. Therefore, I am going to plan what I am going to do, starting today, to create an inviting environment so that all of us associated with Esperanza can say, "Paradise is where I am."

No comments: