Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Increasing Each Other's Knowledge Basket

Stephen Covey recommends that when you learn something new that is meaningful share it with someone else, preferably within 24 hours. Not only will the other person have something added to his knowledge basket but the person sharing will remember the newly learned materials better and longer. I have found this to be true.

I have also discovered that the same holds true when sharing information such as an article, a book, a website, a blog posting, an organization, etc. It's best to do it asap--preferably immediately--so as not to forget to do it. Who doesn't like to receive something that includes the message, "When I saw this, I thought of you and felt you may enjoy it, too."

I so appreciate colleagues who do this as the benefits that come to both of us are unmeasureable. I recently shared a website--http://speakingintonguesfilm.info/ -- with another Esperanza Board member. He not only really liked the website but he immediately ordered the DVD Speaking in Tongues from the website because he felt it was important for Esperanza to have a copy. He sent that DVD in the mail to me. It arrived today. What a treat!!!

It is my hope that all Esperanza stakeholders will take advantage of this great way to build collegiality so all of us will have our knowledge storehouse increased and enriched.

No comments: