Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Take Time to Ponder

As I listened this morning to the fireside talk by Elder Jay Jensen given on January 8, 2012 I was reminded of a story told by Boyd K. Packer in his book Teach Ye Diligently.
He reports the story by saying, "I have a friend who bought a business.  A short time later he suffered catastrophic reverses and there just didn't seem to be any way out for him.  Finally it got so bad that he couldn't sleep, so for a period of time he followed the practice of getting up about three o'clock in the morning and going to the office.  There, with a paper and pen, he would ponder and pray and write down every idea that came to him as a possible solution or contributions to the solution of his problem." 

I would encourage all of our Esperanza educators to take time often to ponder and reflect on their teaching/leading--with a paper and pen to write down the impressions that come.  I had heard once to have a goal of writing 20 ideas each day and then at the end of the week choosing the best ideas to implement. 

I believe it will be in the quiet and the still--and not our busyness--that we will build Esperanza into the school we want it to be.

No comments: