Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Families"

I listened this morning to the BYU Devotional speech that Julie Beck gave on January 17, 2012.  Although her speech had to do with the organization of the LDS Church in quorums and relief societies, it reminded me of something we might want to consider at Esperanza.  While I was teaching at Jackson Elementary we organized our students into "families" with students from different grades getting together periodically with a staff member to participate in projects/activites together.  I feel this is something we might want to consider doing at Esperanza.   After all we may argue that there are some Esperanza goals that can't be accomplished alone--- individuals will  need each other to accomplish them.

This concept also fits really well with the idea of Suzi Ramos to cluster Esperanza parents and families in clusters. 

No comments: