Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Using Classics to Teach Character



Gwendolen at the roulette table"

Last night we watched another movie based on a book by George Eliot--Daniel Deronda.  I am also reading the book.  As I watched the movie and as I am reading the book I am reminded that classics are classics for a reason.  Even though classics may not be the books that turn our Esperanza scholars onto reading--and obviously we wouldn't use this particular book for children-- it still behooves us to find ways to introduce our scholars to children classics.  They teach so much about character, values, and attributes through a story. 

No comments: