Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Seeing More Than One Side

My husband and I watched the Republican debate last night.  In fact, we have watched every Republican debate thus far.  This is quite amazing when my husband is a die hard Democrat and I tend to lean that way. 

I became aware this morning of two studies that have been done that found that Fox News viewers are much more likely than others to believe false information about American politics. 

I'm not sharing this to influence anyone's political view. I am sharing it to demonstrate how beneficial it is to see things from another point of view. Therefore, we want our Esperanza scholars to learn how to do this.  Teaching them debate skills and even learning how to defend a side with which they don't agree are great skills to learn to become informed and involved citizens. 

No comments: