Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

David McCord Poems



”Whatever may be said about this small but graceful art,” McCord wrote in an article for The New York Times in 1964, ”Good poems for children are never trivial; they are never written without the characteristic chills and fever of a dedicated man at work; children must never hear the stigma of ‘I am adult, you are a child.”’
 
 
This Is My Rock
By David McCord
This is my rock,
And here I run
To steal the secret of the sun;
This is my rock,
And here come I
Before the night has swept the sky;
This is my rock,
This is the place
I meet the evening face to face.
From Every Time I Climb a Tree by David McCord (Little, Brown and Company). Copyright © 1952 by David McCord. Copyright renewal © 1980 by David McCord.
 
 
 
THE STAR IN THE PAIL BY DAVID MCCORD

No comments: