Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Professional Organizations


A few years ago I read the book Bowling Alone by Robert Putnam.  It was a reminder of the many benefits belonging to a group can be--personally as well as for the community. 

I have belonged to a number of professional organizations throughout my professional career, some better than others.  Yet, belonging to these organizations helped me to realize that my "cause" was bigger than my limited world.  I learned so much from others how to do my job better. 

I would strongly encourage all our Esperanza educators to choose at least one professional organization to join that will widen their horizons...and then not only take from that organization, but also think of ways to contribute to it. 

No comments: