Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Find the Right People




Carlos Linares, a GoodRead friend recommended the book The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews.  I finished reading it yesterday.  Wonderful book!  One thing, among many others, that impressed me was comments made by Abraham Lincoln to the "traveler."

The first was a comment made by Abraham Lincoln about General Grant.

"Because he cares as I do!  It has taken me almost three years to find a general officer whom I don't have to watch over like a nursemaid." 

The second was another comment about Grant and finding the right people. 

"Grant wants to win as badly as I do.  If you are determined to win, you will have to surround yourself with winners.  Don't be discouraged by people you might choose for your team who talk big but produce little.  Grant is my tenth try.  I just kept putting them in the boat to see who wants to paddle as hard as I do." 

No comments: