Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Being a Reader and Writer

When I left the Dual Immersion Academy charter school on May 14, 2010 I made a commitment to continue growing and learning to be prepared for the next chapter in my life. Because of that commitment I read 289 books since that day. I intend to continue reading this next year with a special focus on doing some narrow reading like reading all Ann Rinaldi's historical fiction books.

Yet, a quote by Arthur Helps, a writer (1813-1875)-- "Reading is sometimes an ingenious device for avoiding thought"--gave me some food for thought. Therefore, this next year I'm also going to focus on doing some writing:


  • Write in my reflective journal

  • Write a daily BLOG posting

  • Write poems based on the book Rose, Where Did You Get That Red? by Kenneth Koch

Being readers and writers is important for all Esperanza educators to do if we are going to set the example for our students.


No comments: