Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Tutti Frutti Lovesong

I love finding fun and/or meaningful poetry that we can share with children.  This poem and picture came from the book The 20th Century Children's Poetry Treasury selected by Jack Prelutsky and illustrated by Meilo So. 




Tutti Frutti Lovesong
      by Mary Grace Dembeck

You are my darling CUMQUAT.
Oh, you're my PEACHy pie,
I think you are the BERRIES,
The APPLE of my eye.

Don't make me MELON-choly,
Please be my HONEY DEW,
'Cause oh, my sweet PAPAYA,
I'm BANANAS over you!

I would be oh, so GRAPEful
If you'd just say you care,
For it takes two to MANGO.
And we're a PEACHy PEAR.

Oh, ORANGE you a little,
COCONUTS for me too?
Please say you'll be mon CHERRY,
I'm so GUAVA over you.

No comments: