Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pledge of Allegiance



Thanks to Charlene Farnsworth for sharing this picture on FB this morning. 

This is something we will do every day at Esperanza.  We will also say it in Spanish.    I can't remember the term she used, but when doing my student teaching many years ago, my supervisor, Della Provost, suggested that we teach something every day about the flag or other American symbols.  For instance, talking about what each color of the flag symbolizes, what the words of the pledge mean, why the bald eagle is our national bird, etc. 

No comments: