Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Example! Example! Example!

I bought an expensive chess set at All-A-Dollar as a Christmas gift for my husband and me.  Felt I needed to learn to play chess if we are going to have all our Esperanza scholars learn.  Guess I'll soon need to buy a violin and learn to play the violin since our Esperanza scholars will be learning this as well.

This experience is a reminder that example is the best teacher.  If we want our scholars to be readers we need to be readers.  If we want them to love math and science we need to cultivate a love for these subjects.  If we want them to be good and moral people we need to set the example.  If we want them to strive for quality and excellence we need to be willing to do the same.

No comments: