Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Fatigue

More wisdom from Kevin Eikenberry:

 
Fatigue and worry
Seldom does a day pass without someone telling me they are tired, exhausted, or feel like they need a vacation.  Fatigue seems pervasive, a malady that is faced by some at least occasionally, and by many people as a nearly constant state of being.  One solution might be to get more sleep, but today, I present another idea, one that might work better and last longer. . .

Questions to Ponder

- How fatigued am I?
- What do I worry about?
- What are the sources of my frustration and resentment?
- How could I lessen the hold these emotions have on me?

Action Steps

1.  Really ask yourself the questions posed above – spend time thinking about them.
2.  Take action on your answer to the last question – invest the time to take those actions.

My Thoughts

There is a lot that could be said about this short quotation. Carnegie hit the nail on the head – our head, which is where these sources of fatigue come from. Physiologically, our brain uses a large percentage of the oxygen our body takes in. In other words, our brain is a big user of the energy available to us. If we are using that energy on worry, frustration, and resentment, not only doesn’t the brain have time to work on productive things and solutions, but that energy is being sapped for non-productive purposes.
If you are feeling fatigued, consider this quotation and whether or not any of these sources are a cause of that fatigue. If so, take steps to reduce that impact. Not only will you feel better, but you will have more capacity in that amazing brain to accomplish, create, and produce.

No comments: