Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Hammer and a Chisel


I listened this morning to the BYU Devotional given by Ulisses Soares in November 2013.  His comments about Michelangelo made me ponder on how to make Esperanza a work of art. 




Ulisses Soares said, "Michelangelo used basically two main tools to accomplish his works of art: a hammer and a chisel. It is truly incredible to imagine how someone could create such an enormous and beautiful work of art [such as "The Pieta"]from a piece of raw marble using these two tools. ... When I think about the work he produced and the result he achieved,,,"



Hammer and chisel like those used by Michelangelo





La Pieta

No comments: