Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Invest Time to Coach

More wisdom from Kevin Eikenberry:

Last year, the Red Sox won just 69 games. This season, after a change in management, they're heading to the World Series.
The New Orleans Saints won the Super Bowl four years ago, but after losing their coach went just 7-9. That same coach is back and now they're 5-1, legitimate Super Bowl contenders.
I use these examples only because I read the sports pages first, but the other headlines and stories will no doubt show me what I already know:
Coaching matters.
If we want to grow our results...

If we want to grow our team...

If we want fewer fires in the future (because others are avoiding them – or aren't able to manage them themselves)...

If we want the satisfaction of helping others succeed...

Then we must invest time to coach.
Here's the bottom line - as leaders we have the great opportunity (and responsibility) to be coaches of others – to help them find and unleash their potential, reach their goals and more.
So as you go about your busy work day today, challenge yourself to think:

Who can I help develop today?

What can I do specifically?

And when will I get started?

No comments: