Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Perseverance

I listened this morning to the BYU Devotional Speech by Brian Santiago given on June 11, 2013. 



He gave this wise counsel about perseverance: 

Quoting James E. Faust, he said, “Perseverance is demonstrated by those who keep going when the going gets tough, who don’t give up even when others say it can’t be done.
“I believe that to be successful we have to be willing to do what others are unwilling to do. Above the door in my office there is a wooden plaque that my college basketball coach sent to me with the following letters: FAW – NLU. It is my daily reminder to Find a Way, and Never Let Up. Whether it be small, menial tasks, or life’s biggest challenges, there is always a way to overcome, accomplish and persevere,” Santiago said.

No comments: