Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Importance of a Name

Me llamo Jorge

Me llamo Jorge
Sé que mi nombre
                            es Jorge,
Pero todos me llaman
                            -Chorg.

Chorg,
¡Qué feo sonido!
¡Como un estornudo!
                           ¡Chorg!

Y lo peor de todo
                           es que
hoy in la mañana
                           una niña me llamó

-Chorg-
y volteé la cabeza
No quiero convertirme
                         en un estornudo. 



My Name Is Jorge

My name is Jorge
I know that my name is Jorge
But everyone calls me
                           George.

George,
What an ugly sound!
Like a sneeze!
                           GEORGE!

And the worst of all
                           is that
this morning
                           a girl called to me,
"George"
                           and I turned my head.
I don't want to turn
                           into a sneeze!

                                                                                 by Jane Medina


No comments: