Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fixed Principles--One Aspect of Leadership

My good friend, Veronica Flores, shared on Facebook this morning an address given by LDS Pres. Spencer W. Kimball in Sun Valley Idaho on January 15, 1977.  The address was titled "Jesus:  The Perfect Leader."  Although I know not everyone associated with  Esperanza is LDS and may not even be a Christian, I felt that there were still principles in this address that anyone could apply.  Therefore, for the next few days I am going to share notes from this excellent speech. 

Pres. Kimball suggested the following skills and qualities that are important for all of us if we wish to succeed as leaders in a lasting way:

#1  Fixed Principles
Jesus knew who he was and why he was here on the planet which meant that he could lead from strength rather than uncertainty.  He could say to his followers, "Come follow me."  He walked and talked with those he served.

No comments: