Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Speaking out

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
... and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
- Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)
 
We want our Esperanza scholars to learn how to be actively involved in the community and to speak out.  That's why service learning/social action is part of Esperanza's foundation. 

No comments: