Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Size of the Army

I listened this morning to the BYU Devotional Speech that Dallan Moody gave on March 6, 2012.  He mentioned the following quote by Joseph Smith, Jr.:

“Never be discouraged. If I were sunk in the lowest pits of Nova Scotia, with the Rocky Mountains piled on me, I would hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage, and I would come out on top.”   

He also shared the following Bible story:

 Gideon sent messengers through all the land to tell the men to come and join his army and fight against the Midianites. A great number came. Then the Lord told Gideon that he had  too many men. More than two thirds of his soldiers left the camp and returned to their homes. Instead of 32,000 men he now had only 10,000. The Lord told him, “Gideon, you still have too many men."  After a special test at who lapped the water Gideon was left with 300 men.  With only this very small army of 300 men Gideon was able to conquer the Midianites. 

This quote and story touched me.  No matter how dark things may become at times as we found Esperanza we must not let discouragement overtake us.  Also, we can achieve our goals with a committed "army" no matter how small that army may be. 

No comments: