Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Civility Project

This morning I listened to the impressive BYU Forum speech given by Mark DeMoss on January 24, 2012.  Struck by how civil Lanny Davis, one-time White House Counsel under Bill Clinton, was on television, DeMoss sent Davis a letter telling him how much he appreciated his tone. The two proposed three simple pledge points in the Civility Project: “One, I will be civil in my discourse and behavior; two, I will be respectful of others, whether or not I agree with them; and three, I will stand against incivility where and when I see it.”

I feel that what Davis and DeMoss proposed in their Civility Project would be something we want to teach our Esperanza educators, scholars, and families. 

No comments: