Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Leadership Challenge

More wisdom from Kevin Eikenberry: 


Harvey S. Firestone once said: “It is only as we develop others that we permanently succeed.”

By most any material measure, Harvey Firestone succeeded – and did so permanently.  He helped create an industry, employed thousands, and his enterprises continue to do so.  Harvey Firestone clearly mastered strategic leadership.

And that one quote from him tells me that he believed in leadership coaching before it was “in vogue”.  It tells me that he believed in developing others for the right reasons – to make a difference in the world.

As a leader never lose sight that as we develop others we aren’t just doing it “for the business”, but because as we support, encourage, lift up and coach those around us, we are making a real difference in their lives and therefore in the world at large.

Here then is your leadership challenge and leadership activity for the day:

Who can I help develop today?

What can I do specifically?

And when will I get started?

No comments: