Welcome To Esperanza Elementary Blog

I want to give you a special welcome to our Esperanza Elementary blog as we take our journey to found the school of our dreams. I invite you to visit us often and offer any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, questions, comments, etc. you might have.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Blessed Is He Who Shall Not Be Offended






On one occasion President Jefferson Davis asked Robert E. Lee what he thought of a certain officer who was being considered for a promotion.  General Lee gave the officer the finest recommendation.  One of Lee's fellow officers took him aside and explained that this man had said some very uncomplimentary things about him.  General Lee replied by saying, "I thought the President was asking my opinion about him, not his opinion about me." 

No comments: